Thursday, December 29, 2016
So much happened in 2016 in the motorcycle world,
but here are a few of our favorite highlights to recap the year.
Cheers to another great one in 2017!
- Michael Dunlop completed a 133.962mph TT lap
- Ken Roczen wins 2016 AMA 450MX National Title
- Cycle Trader partnered with Ride for Kids and the new Rever App to present a fundraiser for children with cancer - and ended up surpassing their goals, and agreeing to send 3 childhood cancer survivors to college.
- Entire US World Trophy Team named Riders of the Year by Cycle News
- US Motorcycle Coaching Association Created
- Victory announced the winners of their “Operation Octane” Build Contest
- City College Automotive Technology announced their new, one-of-a-kindd motorcycle mechanics courses in San Francisco, CA (“Moto 90”)
- Swiss Rider Urs “Grizzly” Pedraita set a new Guinness World Record for global circumnavigation on a motorcycle- he made it around the world in 119 days and 21 hours. His predecessor, Nick Sanders, did it in 120 days and 2 hours).
- Indian Motorcycles and Zac Brown Band teamed up to surprise our nation’s vets on Veteran’s Day
- Brad Baker was announced to serve as Ambassador for American Flat Track
- AMA Hall of Fame inducted 8 new members
What were your top highlights for 2016?
Let us know below!
Watch this video of a dinosaur on a motorcycle to end the year on a positive note....