- 10% of 2014's advertising budget was spent on mobile
- This is the first time mobile advertising spend has surpassed newspapers, TV, & radio
- $17.7 billion spent on mobile advertising in 2014
- Up from $7 billion (2013)
- Mobile advertising will top $42 billion in 2018!
- 43% growth rate since 2013
- Two Hours & 51 Minutes/Day (up 32 minutes over 2013)
- 60% of digital media is consumed on a mobile device (51% on mobile apps)
- Video is the fastest-growing mobile ad format
- Video ads are gaining in popularity as ad products improve, less people use desktop, and more people rely on mobile
- Search on mobile is one of the largest sources of US mobile revenue
Hoelzel, M. (2014, December 16). Mobile advertising is exploding and will grow much faster than all other digital ad catergories. Retireved from http://www.businessinsider.com/mobile-is-growing-faster-than-all-other-ad-formats-2014-10#ixzz3PtyE1X00.
Sterling, G. (2014, July 7). Mobile ad revenue to surpass newspapers, magazines,radio this year - forecast. Retrieved from http://marketingland.com/mobile-ad-revenue-surpass-newspapers-magazines-radio-forecast-90148.