Tuesday, March 21, 2017
The CycleTrader / Rock River / Yamaha team was set up to put in a solid weekend for the eleventh round of the 2017 Monster Energy Supercross Series as Lorenzo Locurcio is looking to build off of the best finish of his professional career, and Alex Ray has now gained some valuable race experience on the YZF450. Lucas Oil Stadium, the home of the Indianapolis Colts, was in place to host the action as the series made the trip back to the midwest.
Ray put in a solid qualifying performance in which he clocked the twenty-fifth fastest lap between both timed qualifying sessions and placed himself in a decent position heading into the night show. Locurcio was able to end timed practice with the fifteenth fastest time in the 250 class after greatly improving his lap time between sessions.
Racing action got underway for the CycleTrader / Rock River / Yamaha team in the second 250 heat with the Venezuelan native of Locurcio; he managed to get a mediocre start and fit his Yamaha into the battle for the top ten, eventually setting into twelfth in the early stages of the race. Locurcio made quite a few moves early on and took advantage of some carnage at the front of the pack in order to move up into the final transfer position. Unfortunately, he made a mistake in the whoops and was forced to pull out of the race, sending himself into the LCQ.
Ray was seeded into the second 450 heat race and he found himself just outside to the top ten after the gate drop. He was able to move past Justin Barcia and Dean Wilson after a couple of laps elapsed, placing him narrowly out of transfer contention. Ray exchanged positions with the JGR Suzuki rider for the next couple of laps, eventually falling back to tenth place where he would finish. The first semi qualifier began and the Tennessee native put his CycleTrader / Rock River / Yamaha within the top ten, immediately moving past Adam Enticknap into seventh position. He wasn’t able to gain any more positions and was forced to head to the LCQ in an attempt to earn his spot in the main event.
Locurcio didn’t get the best jump out of the gate in the 250 LCQ, but he still managed to put himself within reach of a transfer position as he sat just outside the top five. He made a couple of moves as fast as possible, but ended up getting cleaned out by another rider which dropped him way down the order, and ultimately put him out of transfer contention. Ray had a decent gate pick in the 450 LCQ and fought his way to the edge of the top five throughout the opening lap. He made a couple of quick moves and became involved in a heated battle with A.J. Catanzaro that eventually forced him off the track and into a crash, subsequently putting him out of the fight for the main event.
Locurcio commented “I progressed as the day went and felt better coming into the heat race. I was running ninth, making my way through the pack and I made a mistake in the whoops and went down. I ended up bending up my bike so I had to pull out and head back to the semi. In the LCQ, I was around fifth and got taken out. I’m looking forward to bouncing back next weekend and be back where the team and I belong!”
“The weekend was good overall. I had the speed and everything I need to do my best, but I just had a little tough luck with a crash in practice. I also went down in the LCQ, but there were some positives to take away from the weekend. I'm healthy and confident that my best result is within reach,” said Ray.
The CycleTrader / Rock River / Yamaha team is heading to Detroit seeking improvement in an attempt to get both riders back in the main event as the twelfth round of the 2017 Monster Energy Supercross series kicks off in the Motor City.
/March 21, 2017
Tuesday, March 07, 2017
|Photo via The Mighty Motor and Jug Junky|
Recently, we've noticed hundreds of incredible Instagram accounts dedicated to bringing motorcyclists a social media experience like no other- but how to decide which ones to follow? Don't worry, we've rounded up some of the best for you. In this first edition of Who to Follow on Instagram, we've got 45 viral profiles sure to bring motivation and awe to your day.
1. Cycle Trader - Cycle Trader - "Buy. Sell. Research. Trade. New and Used Motorcycles, Parts, and Accessories. Visit www.cycletrader.com today!" (ow.ly/alBT308xEW1)
2. caferacer_pasion - "High quality cafe racers daily. Top cafe racers in the world. Tag #caferacer_passion for a shoutout!"
2. caferacer_pasion - "High quality cafe racers daily. Top cafe racers in the world. Tag #caferacer_passion for a shoutout!"
3. revivalcycles - "Creativity re-engineered motorcycles and parts for the moto-obsessed." (revivalcycles.com)
4. iconmotosports - Makers of Helmets, Jackets, Gloves, Pants, Footwear. The worlds leading street based protective motorcycle apparel brand. #rideamongus
5. dirtridermag - "The largest off-road and motocross magazine in the world. Official publication of Bonnier Corporation." (dirtrider.com)
6. revitsport - "Inspiring riders since 1995. Experience the new collections on revitsport.com."
7. meta - "A high quality publication celebrating motorcycle lifestyle through timeless, art driven, culture based content." (readmeta.com/shop)
8. bell_powersports - "Official Account of Bell Powersports USA." (www.bellhelmets.com/powersports/)
9. motorcyclistonline - Featured bikes, curated photos, and memes with credit to all owners and photographers. Emily firstname.lastname@example.org for features. (www.bikekingz.com)
10. revzilla - "Advancing the Motorcycle Enthusiast with expertise, innovation, community and support. Enjoy the ride! (linkin.bio/revzilla)
11. cycleworld - "Dedicated to the motorcycle enthusiast, no matter what he or she rides." (www.cycleworld.com)
12. pipeburn - "Purveyors of fine custom motorcycles, cafe racers, bobbers, scramblers, flat trackers and whatever else gets us moving." (www.pipeburn.com)
13. bikeexif - "The world's best cafe racers, bobbers, scramblers, and trackers." (equipment.bikeexif.com)
14. motorcyclelife - Tag @#motorcyclelife to be featured on their feed. Credit is given to all photographers.
15. devolve_moto - Moto and outdoor gear. Casual apparel, unique gifts, and men's grooming products. Raleigh, NC.
16. clutchandchrome - An online motorcycle lifestyle magazne. (www.clutchandchrome.com)
17. rustybutcher - "Handmade leather goods; bad ass clothing and accessories." (rustybutcher.com)
18. classifiedmoto - "Custom shop hidden in Richmond, Virginia, USA." (www.classifiedmoto./bigcartel.com)
19. fuelmotorcycles - "Fuel Bespoke Motorcycles. Motorcycles, custom, scramblers, cafe racers, apparel, vintage culture...old's cool! #ScramAfrica #Barcelona" (fuelmotorcycles.eu)
20. motoinmode - "Motorcycles, Lifestyle, Fashion and More..." Tag #motoinmode for features.
21. thethrottledolls - "Moto loving, red-lipped dolls. Founders: Maria, Nina & Erica. Syndey, Aus and CPH, Denmark." (facebook.com/events/1710376912616847)
22. brother_moto - "A DIY motorcycle garage, espresso bar and curated retail experience. Stop on by and grab a coffee! Atlanta, GA" (brothermoto.com
23. cycletraderrockriverraceteam - "Official Instagram of the CycleTrader.com Rock River Yamaha SX/MX Race Team." (cycletrader.com)
24. superbikesgram - "Sportbikes and Superbikes Gram!" Use #superbikesgram for features.
25. motoloot - "Unique motorbike accessories that are guaranteed to make your riding buddies jealous. Use #motoloot for a feature." (motoloot.com)
26. suicidemachineco - "DEATHPROOF. fast loud machines. Shaun and Aaron Guardado. Long Beach, CA. Harley-Davidson Hooligan Race Team #66, #46. All things SMco in one place." (suicidemachinecompany.com)
27. roostmx - "Team Sponsor for CycleTrader Rock River Yamaha and Proud Partners with Cobra USA." (roostmx.net)
28. motorcyclenews - "Bringing you the best selection of news, sport and motorcycles for sale - in the world's best biking community." (motorcyclenew.com)
29. aimexpo - "American International Motorcycle Expo. September 21-24, 2017. #Columbus, OH." (aimexpousa.com)
30. motorcycleshows - "International Motorcycle Shows (IMS) are coming to a city near you with a brand new experience for all powersports lifestyles #ridersunite" (www.motorcycleshows.com)
31. motorcycledreams - Moto pic sharing account. Tag #motorcycledreams for a feature."
32. shift_life - "#1 Motorcycle Page. Credit to all photographers." (motorcyclestreetwear.com)
33. sportbikelife - Moto pic sharing account. DM #sportbikelife for credit.
34. motorcyclesofinstagram - "LA Cali Showroom of YOUR bikes! Join the gang, post your bike, shout us out. Tag @motorcyclesofinstragram and #motorcyclesofinstagram to be featured."
35. bikekingz - "Motorcycles Daily. Credit to all photographers/owners." (bikekingz.com)
36. motorcyclecafe - Moto pic sharing account. "photos and bikes belong to their owners. DM us your motorcycle and it will be posted!" (or email email@example.com
37. caferacerdreams - "Cream motorcycles and more." (crdmotorcycles.com/en/the-shop/
38. motorcyclestunts - "Stunt or die. Riders kill the street. Bike Life. Best motorcycle stunts."
39. fevvvvaa - "Lanakila MacNaughton. Commercial Photographer, Producer. @womensmotoexhibit, @thedreamroll & @paradiseroadshow" (womensmotoexhibit.com/shop)
40. gentlemansride - "Sunday September 24th, 2017 - A dapper worldwide event for cafe racers, bobbers and classics. 2016 raised $4m USD for Men's Health!" (www.gentlemansride.com/globalvideo2016)
41. malamadremotorcycles - "Authentic, passioante and obsessed with building custom bikes. Bali based, World Delivery. Check our last project!" (malamadremotorcycles.com/scorpio-world-war-ii-custom/)
42. crave_for_ride - "Ride it like you stole it. The inventors of the ORYGINAL KEVLAR lined SHIRTS. Free shipping of shirts/jackets to USA, UK, EU, AU." (www.craveshop.com)
43. ridermag - "Rider magazine has been a motorcycle enthusiasts' source for touring, travel and adventure sites since 1974." (www.ridermagazine.com)
44. or.officeineroma - "Officine Roma Cafe Racer. A cool container of lifestyle and inspiration for people who love completely unique things. Cafe Racers. Fixed and classic bicycles. And more." (facebook.com/or.officineroma)
45. bixbymoto - "Let's have fun, that sounds fun." (www.bixbymoto.com)
Are there any moto accounts that you follow on Instagram that we didn't mention in this post? Comment and let us know-- we'll be sure to add it to the list!
/March 07, 2017
Friday, February 24, 2017
A recent news alert from RaxerXOnline announced that Charlotte Motor Speedway's US Motocross Grand Prix has been cancelled, and was described as "one and done." Apparently, the North Carolina speedway has undergone a number of significant management changes. With these changes came a number of requests for protocol changes if the race were still to take place, and the Grand Prix officials weren't too keen on this.
A number of sources are staying on top of related announcements in the coming weeks; be sure to stay tuned to the Cycle Trader Insider Blog, as well as RacerXOnline and MX Large, for all the latest updates on major Race Team news!
|The undisputed online marketplace for all things motorcycle.|
In front of over 50,000 fans, Eli Tomac of Kawasaki claimed his 3rd win of the season at Monster Energy's recent Supercross race.
Finishing 6.7 seconds ahead of his nearest competitor,
his comeback is one for the books.
Check out this incredible recording of his win at Monster Energy!
Thursday, February 23, 2017
*This post is reported based on content and information learned from a news report posted by Tristate Homepage. You can access and read the entirety of the article here, where the news about this heartwarming story was originally reported.*
Todd Veeck, a volunteer firefighter from Indiana, responded to a garage fire last Friday morning. It started out as a typical fire event- but once the smoke was controlled, and the firefighters safely recovered the homeowner's pets, they noticed something...
One of the dogs was not actually accounted for, and had remained in the burning garage. "After we realized the animal was in there I kind of thought, 'what if that was my dog? I couldn't imagine what [they were] going through," Veeck told reporter Jordan Vanderberge.
The firefighter noted to news sources that he had seen a lot after years in the military, medical, and fire rescue arenas. But this particular event hit him pretty hard.
Later that day, however, as Veeck and his wife were driving home, his wife excitedly pointed something out to him. A small dog, sitting strapped to his owner's back on the rear of a motorcycle, was having the absolute time of his life.
Apparently, the dog - who goes by Finnegan - was even wearing goggles as he enjoyed his trip down the road with his human.
"It just made me laugh and kind of forget what I was thinking about earlier," Veeck told reporters.
He was so touched by the hilarious moment that he quickly posted to Facebook, offering the canine-human motorcycle duo a $50 gift card to get in touch with him.
It didn't take long for the post to go viral.
The owner- Michael Smith- eventually saw the post, and commented:
"That is indeed my Finnegan. He loves to ride!! I will accept and match your [gift card] offer if you will allow me to donate it to It Takes A Village no kill shelter...Tell them Finnegan sent you!"
Without hesitation, Veeck accepted the terms of the agreement.
According to the article on Tristate Homepage, 5% of the profits from Veeck's business for the remainder of the month will be donated to the shelter.
As Vanderberge put it, "That's not too bad for what was once a bad day."